AIDA Judge Course (JC-E) - 06-08.10.2023 - Zurich
In collaboration with the Schweizer Unterwasser-Sport-Verband (SUSV)
we are happy to announce the first AIDA Judge Course (JC-E) in Zurich.
This course is not only for freedivers who want to become an AIDA Judge, but is also very useful for athletes who want to improve their knowledge of the AIDA competition rules and regulations. At the AIDA competitions or record attempts, qualified AIDA International Judges are required to assess the performance of the athletes in accordance with the AIDA competition rules and regulations. The AIDA judges are present at the AIDA freediving competitions to ensure that the AIDA rules are respected and applied by every athlete as well as organizer.
During the AIDA Judge Course, Pim Vermeulen will give you a detailed overview of the AIDA competition rules, how to apply them as a Judge and many insides ans the most experienced Judge out there.Prerequisites:
Preliminary course schedule:
- Be 18 years of age;
- Have completed a freediver course (AIDA2 or equivalent) and / or have entered a freedive competition as athlete and / or have entered a freedive competition as safety diver;
- Be a member of an AIDA National;
- Have completed the Liability Release and Medical Statement.
- you have adequate understanding of the English language
- Friday 6pm – 10pm Theory session 1
- Saturday 8am – 11am Theory session 2
- Saturday 12am – 3pm Theory session 3
- Saturday 3pm – 5pm Pool practice
- Saturday 6pm – 9pm Theory session 4 (depending on progress)
- Sunday 8am – 11am Theory session 5
- Sunday 12am – 4pm Exams (theory exam and video exam)
The locations for theory sessions and the pool will follow later.
Topics we cover:
- Introduction to AIDA philosophies
- Theory on AIDA Regulation)
- Theory on Recognition of Records
- Theory on the surfacing/end of performance
- Theory on the Internal Operation and Procedures for Judges
- Theory on dispute resolution and the AIDA Disciplinary - Commission
- Theory on disqualifications, penalties and sanctions
- Theory on the organization of a competition and technical issues
- Practical application on time, distance and depth determination
- Practical application on the judgment of time and distance disciplines
- Practical application on the judgment of depth disciplines
- Practical application on in-water rescue procedures
About the Instructor / Teacher:
Many of you most likly already know him - Pim Vermeulen! AIDA Instructor since 2001, AIDA Instructor Trainer since 2010, AIDA Judge since 2001, AIDA Judge
Instructor since 2010, currently the most experienced Judge within AIDA, and certified the most AIDA Judges in the World. Furthermore, creator and developer of the AIDA Judge courses (both version 1 as the current version 2). AIDA Executive
Board member for 16 years and the main responsible for the development of the AIDA Rules & Regulations. Founder of AIDA Netherlands and AIDA Egypt.